Have you got a cool innovative idea how to make the world a better place? Or perhaps you want to start small and you’ll satisfy yourself with just one city? Krakow is organising its first Hackathon, KrakHack, and the winners have a chance on having their projects written into Krakow’s Strategy of Development 2030 and realised as its part.
Sounds almost too good to be true, right? Well, almost is the key word here. If you want to see your big dream come true, you’ve got until March 12 to sign up for KrakHack. You don’t even have to be from Krakow. All you need to gather is a team of 2-5 creative people that are going to help you develop your idea.
Your innovative solution has to be classified into one of the five categories:
- Society – Krakow wants to make sure that everyone feels welcome and integrated into the city. They’d like to make sure everyone’s needs are met, not matter which background they come from and they hope you can help with that.
- Infrastructure – public transport and eco-transport are the way to go. Do you have any ideas how to popularise them or make them better?
- Environment – innovation and ecology should go hand in hand. Clean air and water are top priorities right now; besides modern cities can create ecosystems or produce food. The choice is yours.
- Business – the development of the most modern infrastructure is what Krakow needs. Perhaps you have ideas how to help with that.
- Joker – this category encompasses all other creative ideas. If you think outside the box and can’t just classify your idea as any of the above four, that’s your category.
“What makes KrakHack from all similar events is that it’s not limited to just technological innovations. We also focus also on social solutions. We want to make sure that everyone, who’s got an idea and is hardworking, can take part in our event,” says Jacek Woźniak, Deputy Director of the City Development Department.
If you get in, you’ll spend the weekend of March 18-19 working on your proposed solution. To make sure you’re relaxed and able to work, there’s going to be a bunch of free events for the participants. Besides workshops and catering, you’ll also be able to participate in a yoga class or have a massage.
The ten best startups will be able to present their ideas on the Gala in the City Hall. You’ll be presenting your ideas in front of Jacek Majchrowski, the President of Krakow, a jury, and special guests. The best solutions, besides getting prizes such as Amazon Kindle, Xiaomi Powerbanks and concert tickets, will also have a chance to be included in Krakow’s Strategy of Development 2030.
So don’t hesitate and register before it’s too late.